On the walking path to Sandend, but not too far from the Cullen Sea School, the Cullen Pet Cemetery is a delightful wee spot to appreciate the love pets have inspired with their humans.
Begun in 1992, the cemetery closed at the end of 2019 after regulatory changes, yet is still a poignant place to visit. Aside from cats and dogs, it is also home to more unusual animals such as a shark and dolphin that have washed up on the shore.
- Built in 1884 for a single line of railway on the Aberdeen to Elgin route, the viaduct is made up of several separate pieces, an 8-span, two 4-span segments, and a single span. The railway was closed in 1968 as part of the Beeching cuts and the tracks removed, however,…
- Built comparatively recently, to a design by Thomas Telford in 1817, Cullen Harbour is best suited to boats with a smaller draft. Tidally influenced, Cullen's port presents wonderful photographic opportunities, with low tide completely emptying the basin. Boats berthed at the marina alternate from sitting directly in the sandy bottom,…
- Tel: 01542 841325 2 Seafield StCullen, Banffshire AB56 4SH
- Tel: 01542 841024 Seafield StreetCullen, Banffshire AB56 4SGScotland
- Tel: 07377 779273 6 Seafield StreetCullen, Banffshire AB56 4SHScotland