An art deco styled outdoor swimming complex designed and built between 1929 and 1931 and which quickly became a major attraction on the Moray coast. Just inside the Tarlair gate, visitors will see the Needle’s Eye, an open cave structure.
The building and pools are category A listed, though in a state of disrepair until funding can be found to renovate the structure and bring it back into use.
The inner pool is popular with model boat enthusiasts for most of Spring, Summer and the first half of Autumn, usually on a Sunday from 10am. The picnic benches under the cliffs are also well used by locals and visitors alike.