Cullen Old Railway Viaduct

Built in 1884 for a single line of railway on the Aberdeen to Elgin route, the viaduct is made up of several separate pieces, an 8-span, two 4-span segments, and a single span.

The railway was closed in 1968 as part of the Beeching cuts and the tracks removed, however, a public outcry prevented the viaducts being demolished and they are now part of the Moray coast walk and cycleway.

Like this article?

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest