Designed by Robert Adam in 1772, one of Scotland’s finest architects, the bridge spans the burn of Letterfourie, and leads to a mansion house of the same name.
One of Banffshire’s most unusual bridges, it is constructed in two stages, a lower single arch span, topped by a set of three offset spans. A popular theory is that the lower part might have been an original bridge over the burn, however no records exist to prove it.
The bridge is not open to motorised traffic but pedestrians and riders on horseback are welcome. The footpath from Drybridge is popular for the fairy village local enthusiasts have created.